Mortgage Loan Officer
Brentwood, TN 37027
AtWork Search Group is hiring a Mortgage Loan Officer/Home Loan Specialist for a faith based mortgage company in Brentwood, TN that has been in business since 1992. This company provides the highest level of integrity to each and every customer, meaning they tell their customers what is best for them even when it means they don't close their loan. They have found over and over that treating people they way they would want to be treated is not only the right thing to do, but it builds lasting relationships.
The Mortgage Loan Officer/Home Loan Specialist will be responsible for reviewing, qualifying, and processing loan applications; as well as coordinating the approval or disapproval of loan applications within established investor limits and facilitate disbursement of loan funds.
- Provide applicants with information regarding the loan application process
- Have comprehensive knowledge of state and federal regulations.
- Must meet state requirements for continuing education and licensing
- Provide applicants with available options pertaining to their mortgage loan needs.
- Counsel customers with respect to credit needs.
- Obtain complete loan application including all support documentation needed to process the loan.
- Pre-qualify potential loan applicants by analyzing financial background.
- Follow-up on processing the loan by obtaining additional applicant information if necessary.
- Maintain communications between the lender and borrower.
- Establish rate with borrower verbally and in writing prior to settlement.
Knowledge of Mortgage Lending State and Federal Regulations, Flexible, Self-Motivated, Independent Judgment, Oral Communication Skills, Written Communication Skills, Analyzing Skills, Reading Skills, Customer Service, Organization, Negotiation, Math Aptitude, Planning, Professionalism, Proofreading Skills, Time Management, Microsoft Office Skills.
Position Requirements: Active NMLS License
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- College degree preferred but not required
- 2+ years of direct experience as a Loan Officer
- NMLS licensing is required
- Prior experience with automated underwriting (to include Freddie and Fannie)
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills
- Strong understanding of multiple investor guidelines
- Strong problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to pass a criminal history information background check.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Loan Origination Software; preferably Encompass.
This employer offers paid holidays, paid time off, 401K, and full medical, dental and vision benefits.