Multi Skilled Carpenter
Birmingham, AL 35210
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Study specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
• Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
• Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
• Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using a ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
• Install structures or fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, trim, or hardware, using carpenters' hand or power tools.
• Verify trueness of structure, using plumb bob and level.
• Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter's hand tools, or power tools.
• Assemble and fasten materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
• Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
• Inspect ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
AtWork Personnel Services - Irondale