Office Furniture Installer
Columbia, SC 29201
Excellent Office Furniture company is looking for installer(s) to fill job vacancies. This is a contract to hire job position and if you are hired the company offers excellent benefits!!
Office furniture company seeking installers:
- must have clean driving record and active driver's license; copy of 10 year DMV required
- must have high school diploma and be at least 21 years old
- must be able to meet the physical demands of the job, heavy lifting up to 75lbs
- must be able to spend extended period of time out of town, multiple overnight and multi-night trips
- must have good math skills and ability to read a tape measure to the 1/32"
- must be able to use electrical and manual hand tools
- ability to read blueprints would be beneficial, but not required
- prior office furniture installation experience preferred, but not required
- prior construction and electrician experience may be helpful
Job Description: Furniture installers usually work for furniture manufacturers and retail stores to install commercial and residential furniture, which is done after delivering furniture to customers or occasionally in a showroom. This job often involves working directly with clients, so customer service skills are highly beneficial, and a valid driver's license and clean driving record are also required to deliver furniture.
It is important to handle furniture products in a careful and safe manner and ensure proper assembly techniques, and great care must be taken when installing furniture and moving it from place to place to prevent dents, scratches, and other damage. It may be necessary to prepare and pack furniture for safe transport, and this job can be physically strenuous, as it involves lifting heavy items, performing repetitive motions, and bending and stooping. The ability to read blueprints and other technical documents may also be necessary to install certain types of furniture.
Teamwork skills are important in this position to work well with other installers and team leaders, and good manual dexterity and the ability to use hand and power tools are essential. Some positions require prior experience in furniture installation while others offer on-the-job training, and electrical knowledge may also be necessary to install certain electrical components, such as circuits and wiring. A high school diploma may be a minimum requirement for this position.
Furniture Installer Tasks:
• Assemble and install furniture efficiently and according to manufactures recommended procedures; correctly operate a variety of trade tools, I.E. screwdriver, drill, wrench.
• Deliver heavy disassembled furniture items from store or warehouse to client's desired location.
• Relay any issues to management, such as damage to furniture, client property, or installation problems.
• Read, understand and work from complex blueprints.
Please apply for this job position by going to our website www.atwork.com/Columbia and select Find Jobs in Columbia and select the Office Furniture Installer job position and apply directly through that link. Or, e-mail your resume directly with attention to Michael Miller @ email@example.com Thank you!