Onsite HR and Safety Manager
Laredo, TX 78045
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain a strategic partnership with the client through an extensive and detailed understanding of the client's business, strategic direction, processes, and policies
- Maintain close contact with the key principles at the account to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction possible
- Build and maintain a talent pipeline that aligns with the client's needs and output requirement
- Consistent execution of recruiting plan to ensure the right quantity and quality of talent
- Screen and select candidates according to client specific job profiles and workforce forecasts
- Comply with all operational standards and employment laws and regulations
- Build top of mind awareness through in-person visits, which foster a consultative relationship and increased business with the on-site client
- Market talent's skills, knowledge, and abilities to the right departments by making the best match for the client and the talent
- Consistently exceed client and talent expectations, and stay ahead of the staffing industry by offering innovative, creative, and effective employment solutions
- Regularly inspects facility operations to ensure that safe job practices are followed, protective equipment is properly utilized, and all required machine/process guards are in place and operational
- Investigates and facilitates the investigation of all accidents and near-miss occurrences identify trends and causes and ensures that corrective measures are implemented
- Works with management to develop safety programs and incentives as appropriate
- Conducts new hire training and ensures new employees understand safety practices and policies
- Provides training to employees on the safe and appropriate operation of machinery and equipment
- Chairs the Safety Committee
- Ensures the facility maintains the proper number of personnel trained in first aid and CPR and that required level of safety and medical supplies are maintained in inventory
- One to two years of business experience with a minimum of 2 in either HR or staffing.
- Minimum one to three years of experience in safety
- Working knowledge of OSHA and DOT regulations Skills and abilities
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize workload.
- Unsurpassed level of professionalism and ability to communicate at all levels of the client organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and resolve complex client situations in an effective manner.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to present business reviews and workforce strategies to client groups.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify customer's needs and to deliver, decline, or adjust expectations.