To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Operates injection molding machine and/or assembles plastic products, partially or completely working at a workstation by performing the following duties:
- Follows company safety policies and utilizes proper safety procedures.
- Reads and follows all work instructions posted at the work station
- Ensures that all aspects of the Quality Policy and Objectives are understood and enacted
- Removes plastic parts from conveyor
- Visually inspect all parts for surface defects and blemishes following prescribed quality standards
- De-gate, trim, fixture and assemble parts according to operator instruction sheet and verbal directives, using equipment such as clippers, knives, hot cutters, pneumatic cutters, and tape machine.
- Position parts according to knowledge of unit being assembled
- Fasten parts together with screws, clips, rivets, or other fasteners
- Remove excess flash of plastic with proper tools
- Operates machine to assist in assembly operation, which may include heat stakers, sonic welders, and hot stampers
- Wears required personal protective equipment
- Maintains a clean and organized work area
- Ensures proper packaging of product for shipment
- Conducts rework of parts as required
- Attends scheduled training classes
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor