PIPE YARD OPERATOR
Houston, TX 77064
Operate forklift to load and unload pipes from trucks and storage racks. Assists in tallying of pipes for outbound loads and product verification.
This position operates large capacity forklifts to move industrial piping to and from the plant’s productions line and maintain records of the products moved.
- Properly rack and store piping products per API requirements.
- Maintain Housekeeping in assigned work area.
- Keep product positioned on storage racks to prevent delays in forklift loading and unloading.
- Operates equipment safely.
- Perform daily checks (maintenance) of equipment.
- Maintain concise and accurate records of products moved.
- Ensure proper handling/storage of product as required by customer and API specifications.
- Maintains correct inventory.
- Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transports load to designated area.
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Inventories materials on work floor, and supply workers with materials as needed.
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off pallets, skids, or lifting device.
- Lubricates truck, recharges batteries, fills fuel tank, or replaces liquefied gas tank.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Develops alternative solutions
- Works well in group problem solving situations
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Observes safety and security procedures
- Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions
- Uses equipment and materials properly
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE:
- One year on the job training moving pipes using a forklift.
- Familiarity with API storage/handling requirements.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
High school diploma or GED
Preferred: 1+ years operating a heavy/large forklift
Preferred: Forklift Training (Large Capacity)