Injection Mold Technician
Eastpointe, MI 48021
Job Title: PROCESS TECHNICIAN/Mold Operator
Available Shift(s): 6:00 am – 2:00pm
Compensation: $18 - $22 / hour
REPORTS TO: SHIFT SUPERVISOR
LOCATION: Eastpointe, MI
DESIRABLE EDUCATION: Grade 12 or equivalent
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE: Mechanically inclined. 3 years experience working with injection molding machines, processing set-up and automotive quality requirements (QS9000). Effective communication skills, verbal, and written. Supervision of direct reports. Computer skills, data input, produce reports send data and reports.
DESIRABLE SKILLS: same as experience
TRAINING: hired with skills and experience
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide labor and knowledge necessary to successfully set up, line out and operate injection molding machines as directed, in compliance with all safety, quality and throughput expectations.
NATURE & SCOPE OF POSITION:
Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for all aspects of the injection molding process including, but not limited to, set-up and tear down, troubleshooting, equipment maintenance and work flow.
- Working with production personnel to ensure molded components meet requirements, making adjustments as required.
- Providing molded components in a timely manner in order to ensure production schedules are met.
- Managing raw molding materials in a way that ensures traceability and prevents contamination.
- Generating documentation on molding runs that can be used to control traceability and ensure reproducibility.
- Following established procedures in order to maintain a clean and organized environment.
- Other assignments as requested and assigned.
- Description of job duties and responsibilities
Timely, accurately and efficiently performs following job duties:
Installs molds and sets up peripheral equipment per instructions.
2. Starts molding machines per established cycles and submits first article parts for approval.
3. Removes molds at the completion of the run and prepares for storage or repair. Cleans work area in preparation for the next job.
4. Reports any mold, machine or equipment problems to the team lead for further review and takes immediate action with regard to any unsafe conditions as they arise.
5. Maintains cleaning and downtime sheet, tool maintenance card, tool set up sheet, molding machine setting/parameter setting sheet.
6. Cleans dryers, hoses, filters, grinders, etc. to prevent contamination.
7. Cleans molds, robot end arm tooling, vision control system, or other per established maintenance cycles.
8. Sorts rejects and re-applies to process
9. Applies and maintains lean manufacturing initiatives and tools (5-S, SMED, etc.).
10. Supplies work stations with material (inserts, packaging, etc.).
11. Prepares raw material at material drying and feeding stations and ensures materials match job order.