Madison, NC 27025
A Stokes County manufacturer is looking for some packers who are willing to grow with the company and learn how to become machine operators.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Packaging items thoroughly.
- Lifting and loading heavy boxes.
- Taping and counting.
- Lifting and loading.
- Basic math skills.
- Able to use micrometers and calipers and other measuring tools.
- Able to move quickly to keep up with company demand.
- Must be able to read and interpret packaging diagrams, charts, and written instructions.
- Basic cleaning.
- Team player.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to firmly grasp and use hammers, wrenches, and various hand tools during adjustments, repairs, and replacement / change-out operations.
- Must be able to grasp and use a pry bar (20 lbs.).
- Must be able to use a shovel during cleaning operations.
- Prior manufacturing experience is preferred but not required.
Night shift: 7 p.m.-7 a.m. Monday-Thursday
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.75 to $12.00 /hour