Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Roseville, CA 95661
- Maintain proper office documentation and balanced records for Payroll, Benefits, and Lease Accounting.
- Design and implement support staff checklists, policies, procedures and manuals.
- Recommend changes in Payroll and Benefit policies, procedures, and laws to the Business Manager and implement the approved changes with the staff.
- Effectively supporting and communicating with the various departments and staff members in the office.
- Handling of staff inquiries related to Payroll and Benefits.
- Ensuring a safe and orderly work environment for all employees.
- Maintain confidentiality and sensitive personnel data.
- Ensuring that personnel and payroll files are up-to-date and secure.
- Updating health and safety policies and ensuring that they are being adhered to.
- Staying up-to-date with federal and state Payroll labor laws, regulations and requirements (Workers Compensation and record retention) by continuing education and participating in seminars.
- Full cycle Payroll, and Benefits Management.
- Federal and State: Quarterly and Annual Payroll Tax Reporting.
- Verifying accuracy and approvals of time off requests, time cards, and incentive pay records and reports.
- Process Wage Garnishments, Worker's Compensation Reporting, and 401k Reporting.
- General Ledger Reconciliations & GL Variance Analysis.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Assist in Month End and Fiscal Year End Lease Accounting Schedules and Reports
- Operates office equipment including personal computer, copiers, fax machines and 10-key calculator.
- Minimum of 3-5 years Full Cycle Payroll Processing and Accounting experience.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential materials.
- High degree of accuracy and detail required.
- High competency with accounting software and MS Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Working knowledge of Great Plains and timekeeping systems preferred.
- Strong communication, analytical & organizational skills.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to establish priorities, handle and resolve problems, and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to learn new and changing processes.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic.
- Must be a business professional and enjoy working in a team environment.