Rocky Mount, NC 27801
The Processing Manager is responsible for the overall, day to day operation of the Processing Plant. This includes all operations and employees involved with efficient running of the MOBA egg grader machine, processing eggs, reworking eggs and daily cleanup of the plant. Processing Manager reports directly to the Complex Operations Manager and takes all his direction from him on all matters. The Processing Manager keeps the team informed daily of all areas involving plant operations, and works closely with the Farm Manager & Maintenance Manager to ensure smooth, efficient operation of the processing plant.
Key Duties & Responsibilities: including but not limited to:
- Ensures overall functionality for the efficient, safe operation of the plant.
- Orders operating supplies to include packaging, coordinating personnel activities, and equipment functionality.
- Manages and supports team in inventory control, daily run plans, employee scheduling, packaging and training.
- Responsible for an adequate training and re-training program to ensure Team Leads, Machine Operators and Packers have the necessary training to do their respective jobs and assist with the training of new personnel.
- Responsible for ensuring that employees are cross-trained.
- Facilitates the training of Floor Supervisor to complete wash/rinse water checks, PH checks, cooler checks, sanitizer checks.
- Manages the plant sanitation process during both day and night shifts. Instructs the supervisors these processes – ensuring complete understanding.
- Ensures the availability and proper repair of cleaning equipment.
- Promotes safe, presentable, quality products at all times – partnering with the USDA grader to ensure both federal grade requirements are met as well as company quality standards.
- Manages the site’s Safe Quality Food (SQF) program which includes the following: employee/plant sanitation, PH monitoring, wash/rinse water temperature monitoring, egg temperature monitoring, insect control, rodent control and cooler temperature monitoring.
- Ensures that Processing Plant budget is held to and managed efficiently – ensuring continuous operational profitability. Works closely with Controller to maintain accurate operating records in order to formulate future sound operating budgets.
- Partners with Maintenance in the areas of OSHA and safety compliance. Inspects and identifies safety areas of opportunity and coordinates with Maintenance to ensure the correction of these problems.
- Manages the record keeping on all monitoring that goes on in the plant to include wash water, rinse water PH, sanitizer and refrigerated cooler temperatures. Also reviews all Maintenance records that are required.
- Partners with other organization leaders with participating in facility audits to include: SQF, USDA, FDA, Organic and Environmental. Collects and presents all documentation to the auditor.
- SQF compliant
- Helps drive all company Environment Management Systems (EMS) in an impactful manner to include monitoring/reducing operationally related negative effects on the environment as well as pollution prevention.
- Safety - To ensure all safety standards are met and followed to the fullest. Must be alert at all times and use best common judgment.
- Housekeeping -To ensure that all work areas are maintained - clean and litter free at all times, i.e. sweeping, dusting and debris removal are all mandatory parts of housekeeping.
- Security -To ensure that the site is secure at all times, i.e. checking all access doors and making sure they are closed at all times. Question, control and report people who do not belong at the processing centers.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Must have basic computer skills.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work on an on-call basis and be able to work beyond normal working hours.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be fully flexible - able to work evenings, weekends, holidays, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop and kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to stand and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must possess the ability to work in an agricultural environment, indoors, outdoors, office, warehouse, processing, and farm production areas each varying in temperature, odor and other environment specific atmospheres.