Production Control Specialist
Birmingham, AL 35210
AtWork Personnel - Irondale is looking for reliable and self-managed candidates for a Production Control Specialist .
Do you enjoy going beyond ordinary in order to provide service excellence? Would your friends describe you as someone with strong communication skills, and an ability to connect with others and build strong relationships? Are you looking for a values based team where you can weave your DNA into the fabric of the culture? If so, keep reading about how you can make a difference and play an important role in helping drive the success of our clients and our team.
We are seeking a highly motivated and self-managed individual to work as a Production Control Specialist that will be responsible for maintaining the production IT systems in a 24x7x365 environment. The Production Control Specialist will work with customer facing implementation and project managers and multiple programming and production teams, being responsible for order scheduling & work order development.
3rd shift 11:00PM- 7:30AM
- Monitoring the processing of all scheduled production jobs and file transfers within predefined Service Level Agreement’s.
- Monitor all back office systems and jobs to ensure they are performing as expected.
- Complete processing checklists, daily job completion reports and shift hand off reports.
- Performing conventional troubleshooting and resolution.
- Performing incident management on advanced production systems documenting incident tickets in detail and escalating to developers, network and server support resources. Learn how to resolve complex tickets.
- Interacting with various IT teams and operational partners including vendors.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of all production applications, processes and systems by documenting all:
- job/file transfer schedules
- job start and finish times
- average run times
- job start and restart procedures and any dependencies associated with the jobs
- resolution to issues
- incident escalation contact information
- Providing management with suggestions on how to improve processes and job run times.
- Supporting after-hours service desk assistance as required.
- Be proactive with potential problems and follow through with result.
- Reacts to change productively and handles other tasks as assigned.
- Promote safety and correct unsafe work practices.
- Associate’s Degree or two + years of related work experience in an information technology field.
- Experience in a mainframe environment is required.
- A plus if candidates has extensive experience in a print and mail service environment.
- Candidates must have above average PC knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft word, Excel and Outlook.
- Candidate must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work well independently, and perform well under pressure in a fast paced deadline oriented environment.
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Strong organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Willing to work overtime and on weekends as required
- Must possess a strong attention to detail