Alvin, TX 77511
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for procurement of materials (Indirect/Direct) to support the organization’s service delivery and supply chain needs, while ensuring an effective, efficient cost-savings model. Following company policies, procedures and practices related to procurement of goods and services remains a priority for working within a newly established quality management system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for placing purchase orders via the department’s software system in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Establish a solid rapport with the Suppliers, Service Managers and Technicians within your assigned region/commodity to ensure we are meeting collective customer and business outcomes.
- Communicate with field employees and customers on required quotes, final bids, and/or purchases.
- Communicate with suppliers and customers to provide status and ETA on all quotes/purchase orders written by each individual buyer.
- Resolve pricing and invoice issues with suppliers/vendors in timely manner while adhering to customer service guidelines, as well as financial compliance/controls.
- Monitor and problem solve via phone calls/emails that come in on a daily basis.
- Responsible for reviewing and ensuring compliance with customer contract requirements and executing within established guidelines
- Receive parts and equipment and update database for proper tracking when necessary.
- Prepare, analyze and negotiate quotes with suppliers for efficient delivery of products and services to our customers.
- Responsible for verifying orders are placed and tracked with preferred vendors via approved supplier list where possible (i.e. meets the requirement of the customer contract and business requirement).
- Performs work with a desire to drive process/continuous improvement methodologies and a desire to create efficiencies within the organization.
- Update 3rd party systems according to customer and supplier contractual guidelines.
- Track and monitor return material authorizations (RMA’s) against purchasing agents assigned PO’s.
- Review and approve requisitions and create purchase orders and send them to chosen vendors.
- Supervise orders and determine if product quantity/quality is sufficient and meets specifications if given. Make appropriate adjustments to orders as needed.
- Prepare and maintain purchasing reports, records, and updated unit cost and retail price lists.
- Interact with suppliers daily to develop and nurture mutually beneficial relationships.
- Track on time delivery metrics by supplier and report any issues with product or delivery.
- Monitor status of orders and contracts daily.
- Calculate all order costs and evaluate invoices for accuracy in partnership with accounts payable team.
- Determine when products are unusable or damaged and need to work with materials team on RMA's. Includes working with suppliers on end of service/product life strategies
- Handle deliveries with short or over-ordered product, goods not received, and damaged items.
- Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must have Quickbooks experience
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience communicating to senior leadership/c-suite levels
- Excellent analytical skills including being able to prepare business cases, cost/benefit analysis, purchase price variance scenarios, and more
- Excellent customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of refrigeration product and service purchasing policies and practices
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Proficient typing skills to properly document dictation to update systems
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES
- Minimum 5 years sourcing experience in Service industry and/or high rate production environment, including experience preparing formal RFP’s/RFQ’s and completing negotiations.