Quality Control Lab Technician
Vista, CA 92081
Do you have 2+ years’ laboratory experience in food manufacturing environment? Are you familiar with FT-IR, UV/VIS spectrophotometer, dissolution and disintegration apparatus, HPLC, GC, etc?
Performs routine physical, analytical and microbial testing of raw materials, intermediates and finishes goods under direct supervision of QC supervisor. Uses standard laboratory instrumentation and has knowledge of standard laboratory techniques to perform analyses. Responsible for the adequate supply of reagents and maintenance of equipment to carry out daily laboratory operations. Responsible for overall laboratory documentation and procedure adherence to good laboratory practices (GLP).
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Performs routine physiochemical and microbial testing of raw materials, intermediates and finished goods using standard equipment and techniques under supervision and cross-check of laboratory supervisor.
- Assist chemists in their lab work.
- Familiar with standard equipment (FT-IR, UV/VIS spectrophotometer, dissolution and disintegration apparatus, HPLC, GC, etc.) as well as standard techniques (liquid and gas chromatography) to carry out routine testing.
- Responsible for procedural and documentation adherence of laboratory operation to good laboratory practices (GLP).
- Responsible for maintaining adequate reagent and miscellaneous supplies by monitoring inventory levels.
- Perform calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are strictly followed at all times.
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of organizational skills.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend routine reports.
- Computer literate, including knowledge of standard software packages including Excel and Outlook.
- Good communication skills.
- Capable of prioritizing tasks to meet goals and ensure product quality.
- Ability to multitask effectively.
- Ability to work independently and under deadlines.
- Flexibility in work hours preferred.
Required knowledge and skills:
- Associate degree in technical field required (Bachelor’s degree preferred).
- 2+ years’ laboratory experience in food manufacturing environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour