Cerritos, CA 90703
This position evaluates quality processes, procedures and statistical techniques, analyze production and service limitations and standards; recommend revisions of specifications when indicated; assist in the formulation of quality policies and procedures; interfacing with all engineering departments as well as with customers and suppliers. Ensures acceptable quality products to the customer.
In this position you will prepare quality plans as well as recommend quality improvements, reviewing and/or approving changes to the specifications and procedures, reviews costs associated with quality requirements. Analyzes compiled data from tests and inspection reports to identify problems. Will lead failure investigations, issues corrective action, preventative action and customer complaints. Performs lean and process improvement projects in a team environment. Also reviews all quotes/contracts, work orders, purchase requisitions, assembly procedures, acceptance test procedures and will perform internal QA audits.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering
- Minimum of five (5) year to many years of work experience and training within a Quality Engineering department of an Aerospace or related Defense contractor organization.
- Experience in Government contracts and familiarity with ISO 9001:2000, AS9100B:2004;
- Knowledge of inspection methods in the design and fabrication of products;
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to support effective correspondence with internal as well as external customers/suppliers;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software; have the ability to read and interpret blueprint drawings and specifications.
- Must have USA Citizenship and be within the greater Los Angeles commuting area.