Quality Inspector (with CMM Programming)
Sacramento, CA 95815
Quality Inspector will test and inspect products at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical, or chemical characteristics.
- Evaluates GD&T requirements of drawings and determines inspection techniques to measure those requirements.
- Generates CMM programs for use in inspecting products.
- Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Perform inspections and generate Certificates of Conformance as required or directed.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure conformance to requirements.
- Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
- Participates in all aspects of QMS, as requested, such as root cause analysis and corrective action planning, implementation and verification.
Minimum of 1 year quality inspection experience - Mechanical and Process
CMM Experience – Fluent in programming and use of CMM programming software
Auditor Experience - Internal and External
Basic Understanding of ISO 9001 or AS9100 Standard
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Excellent verbal and writing skill. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Working knowledge of: Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint