Sterling Heights, MI 48314
POSITION: Plate Rack Maintenance
SHIFT: 6:00 pm - 2:00 am (Split Shift)
PAY RATE: $15.00/hr
Prepare and maintain the plating line for production in regards to rack maintenance and repair in accordance with work instructions, policies, procedures, safe work practices, and direction from the supervisor.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Maintain Flight Bars
2. Maintain contacts on splines
3. Maintain -Repair/ Replace splines on Flight bars
4. Record Maintenance of bars, splines, contacts
5. Communicate with team regarding maintenance needed
6. Solution Maintenance as needed.
7. Any other duties asked to assist plate team in regards to maintenance
8. Work with other staff to accomplish tasks efficiently and effectively, to resolve production barriers, and to achieve maximum customer support.
9. Work in compliance with OSHA standards; use required PPE and devices, report defects in safety gear, and hazards.
10. Maintain tools and equipment in good condition, reporting malfunctions and deficiencies. Ensure adequate supplies of working materials. Practice good housekeeping.
11. Work to maintain good housekeeping in regards to Environmental and 6S requirements.
12. Perform any other duties that may be specifically or generally assigned.
13. Environmental: proper handling, labelling, inventory and disposal of hazardous and non hazardous waste.
· Grade 12 or equivalent, or a combination of training and experience in a field.
· Ability to read, write and communicate in English, and to follow work instructions.
· Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations and measurements of fluid volumes.
· Ability to perform operations related to computerized manufacturing equipment. Familiarity with pumps, filters and heat exchange equipment
· Ability to understand and comply with safety rules and regulations, and to pass safety training.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds.
· Routine operation involves sitting or standing at a workstation, and walking.
· Periods of setup, troubleshooting, maintenance, or equipment adjustments require lifting, bending, and reaching.
· Requires visual sensory concentration, as well as manual dexterity and the need for exact results and precision.
· There are opportunities for breaks during routine operation. Periods of production upset and troubleshooting require alertness and concentration.
· There is some degree of job structure and a variety of tasks that are straightforward with some repetitiveness. In cases where the task requires independence, employees can use some discretion within predetermined limits and procedures. Some activities must be carried out in a team setting.
· Assignments require some freedom to make operational changes and solve problems. Early detection of malfunctions or quality issues is critical.
· Interaction with other staff is within the immediate area and communications are generally routine. During periods of production upset, contacts with others may involve detailed exchanges of information and giving specific direction to others.
· Regular exposure to dust, dirt, noise, temperature, and chemicals.
· Limited risk of exposure to hazardous compounds.
· Requires specialized safety training and wearing personal protective equipment specific to the function.
· Rotating shifts
-Transportation of dangerous goods
Ability to pass a background check
Must have Steel Toe shoes/boots
send resume to email@example.com