Regional Logistics Manager
San Antonio, TX
Direct Hire Position
Summary – This position is responsible for overseeing the daily operations and management of company drivers, product loading and delivery, and distribution cost. The Regional Logistics Manager has the budgetary responsibility to ensure shipments are delivered expeditiously at the lowest cost. Additionally, this position is responsible for the daily management of routing, driver scheduling, and interactions with customer service and production departments. This position is responsible for carrier use and performance during our peak season, by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with multiple departments to ensure company objectives are met as they pertain to / affected by distribution decisions
- Daily management of all company drivers from recruiting, performance and compliance
- Analyzes and implements transportation carriers to be used during peak season
- Coordinates with Customer Service, Production departments and Sales regarding distribution requirements, scheduling, raw material requirements, and product needs.
- Routing/Planning analysis to drive efficiencies within the supply chain model
- Escalation point within dispatch and routing, available via company phone
- Provides analysis and documents actual freight costs
- Understands, monitors, maintain reports and communicates distribution metrics
- Communicates and coordinates with subordinate supervisors, customers, functional peer groups, and senior management regarding the effects of distribution decisions on the facility and company, including analysis and/or reports regarding the budget and variance
- Supervises staff and is responsible for audit as well as all aspects of documentation requirements including log books, driver file maintenance, driver documentation is maintained according to state, federal and DOT standards
- Plans, organizes, delegates, coaches, develops and leads employee performance on an individual and team basis
- Monitors and reports regularly on departmental performance against plan and budget
- Ensures effective plans are in place to deliver all product by season while ensuring the safety of all employees involved in the distribution process
- To ensure timely distribution of all products to our customers using either our trucks or common carriers
- Schedule and Route trucks to ensure optimal cubing and cost per mile
- Measure fill rate on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis, develop action plans to improve fill rates
- Track citations and develop an action plan to reduce to zero, train drivers on compliance issues related to citation received
- Work with the production staff to ensure the most efficient distribution of purchases, intercompany orders and any other non-revenue loads.
- Maintain all distribution equipment according to DOT and State regulations
- Develop and track a written PM schedule for all distribution equipment
- Ensure that all DMV and DOT needs of the equipment are met
- Manage all capital projects in the Distribution area
- Recommend budgeted expense levels to the General Manager and financial staff
- Assist in preparation of long-range planning schedules and facility readiness to meet work load demand
- Communicate company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays, to include extended shifts during peak seasons
- Perform any other work as directed by General Manager
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/ or ability required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Distribution/Traffic in a management level role
- Experience managing large groups (25-50 employees)
- Experience routing/planning for multiple distribution points, both inbound and outbound
- Experience with Continuous Improvement or Lean problem solving
- Proven track record of process improvement and financial gains
- Strong business, communication, leadership, planning, and organizing, as well as conflict management skills
- Strong logistics and planning skills.
- Must be able to interact with field operations team and sales team
- Must be a skilled problem solver and be able to work in an intense environment.
- Strong knowledge of D.O.T and O.S.H.A. regulations.
- Budgeting and accounting knowledge.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with computers and all required software
- Develop and foster the team environment
- Bilingual Spanish Preferred, but not required
- Ability to create and design systems to increase overall efficiency. Bring ideas to management and be able to implement changes and improvements effectively
- Ability to create and deliver performance management messages to subordinates
- Ability to manage multiple projects and facilitate group meetings
- Utilization of all safety rules, regulations, and equipment. Ensure a safe work environment at all times
Benefits- medical, dental, vision, life, and LTD
Call us at 210-587-7010
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Distribution experience do you have?
- How many years of Logisitcs experience do you have?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Drivers?
- Are you in San Antonio, TX?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Do you speak Spanish?