Madison, NC 27025
A Stokes County manufacturer is looking for some machine operators who are willing to grow with the company.
This is a good opportunity for someone looking for a long-term career in manufacturing.
- Performs various semi-skilled procedures relating to manufacturing.
- Operates industrial machinery.
- Operates industrial punch press used to separate tooling from billet remnant after extrusion process.
- Separates dummy block and clean out ring (approximately 80 lbs.) from billet-butt and deposits billet-butt (approximately 30 lbs.) into scrap hopper using hand operated tongs.
- Responsibilities include housekeeping duties throughout the department.
- Prior manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Basic writing and math skills are required.
- Must be able to grasp and use a pry bar (20 lbs.)
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals, solvents, copper fumes and lubricants.
- Must be able to perform frequent repetitive motions of firm grasping, bending, twisting, reaching, pushing, pulling, standing, negotiating stairs, ladders and slippery surfaces in an
- Able to work in an environment that is not temperature controlled.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour