Birmingham, AL 35210
• Measure and mark surfaces to lay out work, according to blueprints or drawings, using tape measures, straightedges or squares, and marking devices.
• Read blueprints or other specifications to determine methods of installation, work procedures, or material or tool requirements.
• Fit and fasten wallboard or drywall into position on wood or metal frameworks, using glue, nails, or screws.
• Hang dry lines to wall moldings to guide positioning of main runners.
• Measure and cut openings in panels or tiles for electrical outlets, windows, vents, plumbing, or other fixtures, using keyhole saws or other cutting tools.
• Hang drywall panels on metal frameworks of walls and ceilings in offices, schools, or other large buildings, using lifts or hoists to adjust panel heights when necessary.
• Assemble or install metal framing or decorative trim for windows, doorways, or vents.
• Coordinate work with drywall finishers who cover the seams between drywall panels.
• Trim rough edges from wallboard to maintain even joints, using knives.
• Cut and screw together metal channels to make floor or ceiling frames, according to plans for the location of rooms or hallways.
·2 years of experience in drywall hanging or drywall finisher
·Experience in commercial drywall hanging preferred
·Blue print experience preferred
AtWork Personnel Services - Irondale