Shipping & Receiving Lead-Contract to Hire
Wake Forest, NC 27587
Great 1st shift FULL TIME opportunity for an experienced shipping and receiving clerk or lead looking to grow with a company planning to double in size in 2 years!!
Performs a variety of shipping and receiving tasks. Verifies materials received are as ordered and routes incoming items to appropriate departments/locations. Prepares items for shipping, ensuring cost effective courier services. Leads the work of the shipping and receiving personnel performing related work
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepares shipments for ground or LTL services. Determines most economical and efficient shipping method. Ensures appropriate shipping container/box/packing is selected.
• Prepares bills of lading and schedules pickups for LTL shipments. Checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
• Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment.
• Sorts, counts, packages, labels, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped or received.
• Inspects shipments for damages or defects. Records discrepancies or damages and notifies Warehouse Manager and/or purchasing personnel.
• Delivers items to requisitioning departments and obtains authorized signatures for accepted items.
• Traces lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
• May maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
• May operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment. May operate shrink wrap machine.
• Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
• Receives, stocks and/or delivers goods to appropriate areas in the company
• High school diploma or GED.
• At least 1 year of experience
• Exceptionally strong attention to detail
• Forklift Experience a PLUS
• Leadership skills to lead team
• Ability to perform simple arithmetic.
• Knowledge of postal or commercial shipping methods and procedures.
• Previous experience working in a warehouse preferably in an FDA regulated
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel
• Very strong administrative skills
For more information: Call us at (919) 364-4400 or email your resume to email@example.com