San Antonio, TX
Receive, store, and issue materials, equipment, and other items from stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard. Keep records and compile stock reports.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using a computer.
• Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
• Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
• Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
• Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
• Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
• Determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
• Keep records on the use or damage of stock or stock handling equipment.
• Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
• Provide assistance or direction to another stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard workers.
• Dispose of damaged or defective items, or return them to vendors.
• Drive trucks to pick up incoming stock or to deliver parts to designated locations.
• Prepare and maintain records and reports of inventories, price lists, shortages, shipments, expenditures, and goods used or issued.
• Sell materials, equipment, and other items from stock in retail settings.
• Issue or distribute materials, products, parts, and supplies to customers or coworkers, based on information from incoming requisitions.
• Advise retail customers or internal users on the appropriateness of parts, supplies, or materials requested.
• Purchase new or additional stock, or prepare documents that provide for such purchases.
• Compile, review, and maintain data from contracts, purchase orders, requisitions, and other documents to assess supply needs.
• Confer with engineering and purchasing personnel and vendors regarding stock procurement and availability.
• Determine sequence and release of back orders according to stock availability.
• Prepare products, supplies, equipment, or other items for use by adjusting, repairing or assembling them as necessary.
• Recommend disposal of excess, defective, or obsolete stock.
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
• Resource Management (People & Equipment) - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Experience: 6 plus months of experience in a similar position
Job Type: Full-time