Shipping/Receiving Quality Assurance - (Temp-Hire)
Orange, CA 92808
Shipping / Receiving
Temp to hire
The shipping/Receiving Quality Assurance employee serves in the Shipping and Receiving Department and reports to both the Director of Production Operations and the Quality Manager.
- Processes incoming and outgoing shipping activities for production and distribution and ensures the accuracy and completeness of incoming and outbound deliveries.
- Adheres to quality control processes for distributed products to ensure that all products shipped to customers are exactly what the customer ordered and arrive on time in acceptable condition.
- Reviews purchase order contracts to determine priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules. Ensures that every shipment matches the customer purchase order requirements and that paper copies are filed along with backup documentation, as specified.
- Examines contents and compares records, such as bill of lading or purchase orders to verify the accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Processes credit card charges for customers with terms “Credit Card” prior to shipping to customer.
- Reconciles daily shipping data and submits Shipping Logs (UPS, Fed-Ex, etc.), credit card transaction receipts and closed orders to accounting.
- Requisitions and stores shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory.
- Is Responsible for the update of inventory and cycle counting inventory to ensure accuracy.
- Supplier Follow-up – Expedites orders delivery status
- Records and checks quantity and quality of goods received for conformity to purchase order contract and specifications.
- Documents rejections in the vendor purchase order screen and initiates NCR per CCI’s Procedure Control of Non-Conforming Outputs P-870.
- Utilizes Dino Capture camera when required to provide objective evidence to supplier.
- Follows up on the disposition of all nonconforming material, and continuously monitors orders scheduled for shipment. Immediately notifies purchasing of any delay associated with any order.
- Approved Vendor survey listing is maintained and monitored by Shipping and Receiving.
- Supplier evaluations and updates are maintained and monitored by Shipping and Receiving.
- Assists Sales when necessary in sourcing and procuring parts.
- Loads parts as required.
- Supports a proactive safety environment, with emphasis on good housekeeping.
- High School graduate with some college preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools such as Word and Excel
- Experienced in Internet Navigation
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Ability to read, write and speak English