Shipping and Receiving Associate
Rocklin, CA 95765
AtWork seeks an experienced Shipping and Receiving Associate for our client in the Rocklin area. Successful Shipping and Receiving Associate is responsible for:
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment:
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates. Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons, using stenciling equipment.
- Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects pre-assembled containers. Inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding.
- Nails covers on wooden crates and binds containers with metal tape, using strapping machine.
- Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
- Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Routes items to departments. Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- May operate tier-lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage or work area.
- May direct others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.
Must have experience within an MRP environment and Microsoft Excel, strong communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to lift up to 50 pounds.