Shipping and Receiving
Hollywood, FL 33027
Atwork Personnel, is looking for a shipping and receiving clerk for our client in Miramar, FL specializing in the repair and overhaul of commercial aircraft components, parts development, and engineering solutions for our world-wide customer base.
Responsible for shipping and receiving of aircraft parts, processing customer orders, maintaining inventory records, and inventory control. Will be responsible for one primary area and cross-train into other areas to support department. Will assure that customer orders are completed within company standards and procedures by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Process all sales orders for shipment.
- Create shipping waybills.
- Create Work Orders in Quantum and printing of applicable paperwork and inventory tags.
- Shall be familiar and/or certified in the following areas as required by the Quality Department:
- -Repair Group Quality Manual
- Soundair Design and Development Quality Manual
- Electrostatic Discharge Procedures -ATA Spec 300 Shipping Requirements
- Product Trace Documentation
- Import/Export Regulations
- Quantum Purchase Orders
- Quantum Repair Orders
- Quantum Work Orders
- Quantum Inventory Management
- Hazardous Material
- Perform quality checks for all work prior to being received and/or shipped in accordance with defined procedures, shipping requirements, packaging requirements, etc.
- Follow the appropriate policies and procedures when materials do not meet specified requirements for WO receipt or shipping.
- Interface with departments and administration to resolve shipping and repair order issues.
- Record rejected and/or discrepant materials in accordance with defined procedures.
- Address concerns regarding quality control issues and proposes solutions to problems.
- May drive company vehicle for both delivery and pick up of parts.
- May become forklift certified.
- Obtain Pick Ticket from department technicians and pull stock accordingly.
- Issue material out of Quantum prior to material leaving any stockroom.
- Deliver parts to appropriate department/technicians.
- Coordinate all activity in support of department needs for stock.
- Perform stock adjustments as required and per defined procedures.
- Maintain control and accuracy of inventory by performing scheduled cycle counts as required.
- Put away stock that has been received by receiving staff.
- Organize and create location for stock items to best utilize the shelf space and to allow efficient picking/handling of parts on a routine basis.
- Maintain stockroom cleanliness.
- Troubleshoot and control inventory discrepancies.
- Pick Sales Order requisitions.
- Bag, tag, and ship PMA parts outgoing to customers.
- Receive and track incoming PMA parts in accordance with quality control procedures.
- Handle bad from stock items.
- Handle warranty returns to vendors.
- Knowledge of international shipping procedures.
- Aviation experience preferred.
- Team oriented, must have ability to work cohesively with others.
- Good problem solving skills with ability to offer recommendations.
- Flexible and willing to shift priorities as needed.
- Self-motivated; ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Computer literate; proficient in business computer system.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fraction, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the warehouse work environment is usually moderate. Appropriate safety equipment will be provided.