Shuttle Truck Driver
Winston Salem, NC 27103
A Winston-Salem manufacturer is looking for a shuttle truck driver who will be responsible for the transporting of goods between the manufacturing plan and DC location.
The client is growing and offers a lot of opportunities for growth.
The driver must be capable of performing his or her job in a safe manner as required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
This position is responsible for securing all loads of freight as needed with load locks and/or straps. This position is expected to keep the inside of company assigned equipment clean and safe.
This position will require all deliveries to be made as directed by the dispatcher. Illustrative Examples of Work
- Completion of D.O.T. required paperwork including trip sheets and daily logs.
- Properly securing load at shipper.
- Obtain a signed proof of delivery at all loading and unloading locations.
- Breakdown load and bracing as requested by our SOPs.
- Pre and Post Trip Inspections are to be performed on each dispatch Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
- Valid Class A CDL from the state in which you reside.
- Good Communication Skills
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Verifiable truck driving experience Suggested Training and Experience.
- Minimum of one year tractor/van trailer experience.
- Experience in same day delivery operation.
3:30 p.m.-11 p.m. Monday through Friday
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $18.00 /hour