Software Development Engineer in Test
Kent, WA 98032
We are looking for an SDET to contribute to and review the creation of designs for production software. The SDET's responsibilities include both software development and testing tasks and focuses on the testability, robustness, and performance of production software. As such, an SDET is a test professional with advanced programming skills who can create automation testing tools and frameworks to assist the manual testing process.
- Understanding the flow of code and how it interacts with different components.
- Understanding project documents, customer demands, and product objectives to create and execute test cases
- Setting up, maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, Desktop, and Web, and building test scenarios and acceptance tests
- Investigating customer problems referred to you by the technical support team, testing bugs, and creating and managing bug reports
- Working with deployment teams, resolving level issues for systems, coordinating on product design, and offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs
- Noting all testing actions you have performed in daily and weekly reports
- Analyzing and disintegrating software systems and coordinating with other teams to enhance the overall design
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Excellent designing and programming skills
- Knowledge of programming languages and process management methodology
- Knowledge of test methodologies and their corresponding tools
- Exposure to Behaviour Driven Development and experience in programming and testing
- The ability to recognize risks and errors in an application
- A passion for testing, development, and design