Sr. Database Administrator
San Antonio, TX 78216
Our client has been recognized as one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas and has an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join an energetic and seasoned team, with an established and expanding national firm.
Headquartered in San Antonio, our client is a diversified financial services company providing a wide range of insurance, mortgage, and investment services to financial institutions, businesses, and individuals. With offices across the country, our client is committed to providing quality products, outstanding service, and customized solutions in all 50 states.
Maintains system production database environment which ensures well-performing, well-tuned and technically safe platform and performs database capacity planning, database integrity checks, and overall enterprise database management.
- Provides database application support for multiple projects simultaneously which span multiple applications releases by working with the application team to design Oracle database objects that meet business requirements and production standards.
- Ensures consistent and reliable performance of the databases and application code from development to production by conducting routine database performance tuning and providing troubleshooting support.
- Ensures database integrity by monitoring database performance, making necessary repairs, and administering backups and restores.
- Develops and implements database disaster recovery plans and procedures.
- Installs, upgrades, and tests complex database software and object changes through multiple test environments and production.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or related equivalent experience.
- Must have at least six (6) years database administration in a production environment or related experience.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of SQL Server 2k-2008 R2, Oracle DBA version 11g, and troubleshooting SQL issues with or without third-party tool sets.
- Must have a general understanding of IT network and security procedures and standards.
- Must have strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with a wide range of personnel.
- Must be proficient in MS Office desktop applications including MS Word and Excel.
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator preferred.
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible schedule concerning required availability and accessibility.
- Must be able to lift, push, or pull 10-20 lbs. of computer equipment, documents or other similar items.
- Must be able to occasionally kneel, stoop, push/pull and/or frequently reach.
- Must use travel locally.
Substance-Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug testing.
Client does not hire tobacco users as allowed by law.
Client offers an excellent employee benefits package that includes: 401(k) with company match, medical/dental, Life, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Long Term Care insurance policies. Opportunities for professional growth are also offered.