Sr. System Administrator
San Antonio, TX 78216
Our client has been recognized as one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas and has an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join an energetic and seasoned team, with an established and expanding national firm.
Headquartered in San Antonio, our client is a diversified financial services company providing a wide range of insurance, mortgage, and investment services to financial institutions, businesses, and individuals. With offices across the country, our client is committed to providing quality products, outstanding service, and customized solutions in all 50 states.
Ensures system monitoring design and implementation delivers up-time, provides system performance analysis and troubleshooting for production Windows Server environment by selecting, implementing and managing enterprise system monitoring suites, application performance management tools and log correlation tools.
- Correlates system logs and performance metrics to isolated and identify performance, scalability and reliability bottlenecks on Windows Server systems across the enterprise.
- Designs and delivers system and performance monitoring solutions to ensure delivery of scalability and reliability of Windows systems across the enterprise.
- Troubleshoots performance issues; provides Tier II support for reported incidents drives root cause analysis and successfully solves problems within Windows environments, following change management standards to implement successful solutions.
- Ensures the up-time, health and efficiency of our production server environment; validates monitoring alerts; creates support tickets as required; and executes predefined troubleshooting procedures; provides end-user technical support via telephone and ticketing system; and takes ownership of customer issues to include routing, prioritizing, and troubleshooting to resolution.
- Configures and administers Windows systems using VMWare VSphere adhering to system engineering standards; provides Tier II support to include, but not limited to, server hardware, Web services, Active Directory, DNS, and email; creates AD groups and users and understands user permission; and performs routine maintenance such as windows updates, server reboots, and back-ups.
- Documents system information and trains NOC, Service Desk and other Tier I personnel on optimal return to service and trouble- shooting procedures.
- Must have an Associate's Degree in Business Technology, Management Information Systems, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Hours are 11PM to 8AM or 3rd shift.
- Must have at least four (4) years’ experience in Windows Systems Administration, which includes at least (1) year deploying and administering system performance monitoring technology.
- Must have strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Must have working knowledge of Windows server administration.
- Must have working knowledge and understanding of enterprise monitoring solutions such as SCOM and SolarWinds.
- Must have working knowledge of server administration such as Microsoft Windows Active Directory, System Center Configuration Manager, Systems Center Operations Manager, IIS, Windows updates and backups.
- Must have general understanding of IT network and security procedures and standards.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with a wide range of personnel.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), or equivalent A+/Network+ preferred.
- Preferred experience/working knowledge includes: Splunk, ELK, Solarwinds, Veeam and other management tools
- Must have working knowledge of infrastructure management software such as VMWare vSphere, Hyper V, or Citrix.
- Must be able to lift and/or push up to 10-20 lbs. of electronic/communications equipment or other documents.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, and stand to access server equipment.
- Must be able to travel locally.
Substance-Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug testing.
Client does not hire tobacco users as allowed by law.
Client offers an excellent employee benefits package that includes: 401(k) with company match, medical/dental, Life, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Long Term Care insurance policies. Opportunities for professional growth are also offered.