Sr. Telecom IVR Developer
San Antonio, TX 78216
Our client has been recognized as one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas and has an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join an energetic and seasoned team, with an established and expanding national firm.
Headquartered in San Antonio, our client is a diversified financial services company providing a wide range of insurance, mortgage, and investment services to financial institutions, businesses, and individuals. With offices across the country, our client is committed to providing quality products, outstanding service, and customized solutions in all 50 states.
Provides support for new or existing client’s telecommunications services. Works on projects as a team member or individual and functions independently or under direction of senior management. Manages and researches technology relating to enterprise communications infrastructure in an Avaya heavy SIP and TDM environment. Responsible for the application of system analysis techniques and procedures, as well as web and system analysis, design, implementation, and network background.
- Manages the enterprise communication environment. Interfaces with vendors to troubleshoot or escalate issues. Responsible for training users, operational support, and troubleshooting.
- Performs monthly audits of trunk lines, SIP and TDM.
- Develops and manages Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning relating to telecommunications within the Information Technology Department and develops procedures to ensure successful deployment.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates input from call center routing. Provides documentation and maintenance of the call center route plans and incorporates change control tracking and generates test plans to validate change control.
- Assists with Telecom projects, as required, and provides input to other teams in IT to create business flow processes in the infrastructure of a call flow, to include actual call and reporting analytics of the call.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Technology, Management Information Systems, or related technical discipline from an accredited college or four-year university OR equivalent telecommunications experience required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in telecommunications and/or Technology Management in a collections or general corporate environment required; of which two (2) years are in telecommunication project management, including research, cost analysis, and disaster recovery.
- Requires specific experience and be highly skilled, having attained job status through a combination of experience and education.
- Must have working knowledge of a broad range of concepts as they relate to telecom, security, and risk.
- Must have basic understanding of voice and data communications concepts.
- Must have working knowledge of invoice reconciliation and the accounts payable process.
- Must have strong understanding of software applications to aid in technical writing and documentation.
- Must have proficient MS Office skills, including Word, Visio, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong planning and organizational skills.
- Must be able to use basic office equipment, including copy machine, personal computer, and fax.
- Must be able to type 40 WPM.
- Must be able to research and incorporate findings into business technology plans.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, brief, present, train, and negotiate with a wide range of personnel.
- Must be able to travel locally or nationally by car or plane.
- Must have working knowledge Avaya CM, Session Manager, AES, and AEP.
- Must understand system integration and applications in the Avaya environment.
- Must have working knowledge of Unified Cloud Voice delivery.
- Must be familiar with Cloud based networking environment.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification or able to obtain certification within the first year of employment required.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time performing sedentary activities.
- Must be able to stand and stoop to file for long periods of time.
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift up to 35 lbs. of communication equipment or other related items.
Substance-Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug testing.
Client does not hire tobacco users as allowed by law.
Client offers an excellent employee benefits package that includes: 401(k) with company match, medical/dental, Life, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Long Term Care insurance policies. Opportunities for professional growth are also offered.