Stamping Press Operator
Sterling Heights, MI
Job Title: Stamping Press Operator
Available Shift(s) 6am-4:30pm Monday thru Thursday (occasional Fridays)
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Also, additional job duties may be assigned.
- Inspects and measures machined work pieces to verify conformances to specifications.
- Examines finished work pieces to verify conformance with specifications according to operator inspection sheet, quality control plans and/or customer notes using instruments such as gauges.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards.
- Basic understanding of computers and ability to perform computer functions as they pertain to the job.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, welding symbols, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self-motivation skills and ability to multi-task.
- Competent at basic dimensional measuring and able to quickly learn the use of precision measurement tools.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively implement or respond to change.
- Working safely as a condition of employment.
- Operates automatic power press and auxiliary equipment in a safe and correct manner.
- Performs and documents scheduled preventive equipment maintenance. Communicates equipment related problems correctly.
- Identifies, handles, and requisitions raw material.
- Performs and documents required visual and physical quality inspections as indicated by work instructions
- Reads, interprets, and complies with the Production Work Order.
- Correctly identifies and handles non-conforming product.
- Correctly handles all products.
- Complies with all safety programs especially those related to production such as press guarding, lock/out, etc.
- Stamping: 2 years (Required)