TOOL CHANGE MECHANIC
- Primary responsibility is changing molds and trim tools in Irwin formers, adjusting forming process variables and cleaning all tooling.
- Adjust shut height and mold gap to achieve proper part thickness.
- Adjust die penetration and treadle guides to properly trim parts with uniform lips.
- Responsible for measuring gauge of all parts and balancing oven temperatures to achieve uniform thickness of parts in all mold cavities.
- Make process adjustments to heats and timing, and adjust/replace shear keys when needed.
- Insure recipes are correct for the product being manufactured, including proper temperatures, cycle speeds, and index variation.
- Insures product meets all QC specifications and fills the box correctly.
- Works with the Lead Operator to insure correct packaging is at the thermoformer at start up.
- Provide written E-mail report to management after every tool change.
- Responsible for initially monitoring machines after tool installation, for proper operating conditions and ensure efficient operation of the thermoformer.
- Responsible for identifying mechanical items on all thermoformers that need to be repaired and advising Maintenance. Maintains a repair log of date submitted and date corrected. Issues list weekly.
- Maintains the tool change area, tool storage rack, and spare tool parts. Maintains maintenance log on all tools.
- Order replacement parts and do repairs on all molds/trim tools, to ensure tooling is in optimal condition.
- Clean molds/trim tools when not in use.
- Assist thermoforming operators in troubleshooting process problems as time permits.
- Uses and teaches LOTO safety, while working alone or with others.
- Trains thermoforming operators on correct tool change procedure
- Must be able to climb ladders/scaffolding occasionally.
- Must be able to work in an environment of 90 to 105 degrees.
- Good work history required.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Able to use dial calipers and other precision measuring tools.
- Must exhibit excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Responsible for lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Previous mechanical experience a must.
Previous experience at another foam plant, would be greatly
Payrate will depend on prior work experience in the field.
Email resumes to CATHERINEB@ATWORK.COM