Third Party Risk Manager
San Antonio, TX 78216
Our client has been recognized as one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas and has an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join an energetic and seasoned team, with an established and expanding national firm.
Headquartered in San Antonio, our client is a diversified financial services company providing a wide range of insurance, mortgage, and investment services to financial institutions, businesses, and individuals. With offices across the country, our client is committed to providing quality products, outstanding service, and customized solutions in all 50 states.
Reporting to the VP, Financial Risk Management and Control, the Vendor Management Analyst will coordinate all vendor management tasks including ensuring that enterprise-wide needs for due diligence, risk assessment and continuing vendor monitoring are being accomplished.
This position will assist the VP in ensuring 3rd party risk and performance is managed to meet the business, regulatory, and compliance demands of the organization; directing teams responsible for assessing vendor risk management, control and process improvement, including recommending and implementing related internal controls where needed. In addition this position will assist the VP of Financial Risk Management and Control with conducting procurement and vendor management training and awareness in the workplace; assuring that client complies with internal and external regulatory requirements regarding third party compliance and risk.
- Leads the coordination of vendor processes for review and approval of vendor contracts.
- Leads and ensures enterprise-wide needs for due diligence, risk assessment and on-going vendor monitoring are being accomplished.
- Serves as system administrator for the Vendor and Contract management system.
- Conducts vendor analysis and communicates results to management.
- Reviews critical vendor relationships on an annual basis to ensure adequate contracts and processes are in place to meet regulatory requirements and coordinates as needed with appropriate business units.
- Trouble shoots all vendor issues and presents to management as required.
- Assist with identifying and implementing efficiencies associated with vendor management.
- Assists profit centers with the request for proposal process.
- Maintains Vendor and Contract repository.
- Assist Profit Centers in managing external vendor relations.
- Performs other duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or related field from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience required.
- Must have at least five (5) years’ experience in creating and implementing process improvements to manage risk and ensuring compliance in a financial institution or comparable industry/highly regulated industry.
- Risk Management or Vendor Management certification preferred.
- Must have ability to create and implement policies and process improvements.
- Must haves excellent risk management and analytical skills.
- Must be able to interpret and understand laws and regulations pertaining to financial institutions.
- Must have extensive knowledge of various industry contract types (particularly IT).
- Must have strong vendor management skills to achieve company objectives.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication (both written and oral) skills.
- Must have strong analytical skills, attention to details, and ability to multitask.
- Must have proficient Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access.
- Must be able to operate basic office equipment including a copy machine, fax, and all appropriate printers.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively with internal business partners demonstrating a working knowledge of major business functions.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time analyzing, for example, contract requisitions and bid proposals.
- Must be able to lift 10 – 20 lbs. of documents, contract packets, or the like.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, and stand to retrieve files or other documents.
- Must be able to travel locally, state-wide, and nationally.
Substance-Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug testing.
Client does not hire tobacco users as allowed by law.
Client offers an excellent employee benefits package that includes: 401(k) with company match, medical/dental, Life, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Long Term Care insurance policies. Opportunities for professional growth are also offered.