Birmingham, AL 35210
AtWork Personnel Services - Irondale is seeking experienced Tower Leads for a Telecommunication company located in Birmingham, AL.
- Direct Hire
- $19 plus BOE
Have a complete understanding of the wireless industry. 90% of time spent onsite climbing towers. Assist foreman in developing and planning complete site build as it pertains to the SOW at hand. Assist foreman in identifying change orders, obstacles, and safety concerns that may impede SOW timeline. Possess leadership skills to direct all top side activities. Back up tower foreman when on the ground. Have a solid understanding of color coding, weatherproofing and grounding as it pertains to the SOW at hand. Must have a solid understanding of all components of the Closeout Package process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Follow all state and federal safety regulations including OSHA, Tower Owners and local turfing vendor while working in an efficient and productive manner.
- Required to work at heights installing telecom equipment and materials on towers, monopoles including mounts, radios, antennas and microwave dishes.
- Interprets various documents such as blueprints, diagrams, manufacturer specifications and Structural Analysis Reports to ensure proper installation of antenna systems using technical expertise.
- A willingness to travel when required.
Successful Completion of Required Training:
- Tower climbing and Rescue.
- First Aid, BBP and CPR.
- PPE use and requirements.
- Lock out Tag out.
- RF Awareness.
- GHS (formally MSDS)
- Special equipment such as aerial lift, forklift, Back hoe, and capstan.
- Capstan operations.
- Crane signaling.
- Steel work including boom and antenna hanging.
- Microwave Installation and Alignment.
- Shoot azimuths.
- Fully understand quality and safety procedures.
- Ability to clearly capture photo images.
- Advanced understanding of Rigging and multiple pulley operations.
- Connector installation.
- System testing - PIM, ANRITSU and Fiber Testing.
- Coax, Fiber routing and handling.
- Top side and bottom side grounding.
- Cad welding.
- Quick learner.
- Able to take direction.
- Full Benefit Package, 401K program, and opportunities for advancement in a rapidly growing industry with a financially stable company.
- Physically able to climb 1000 vertical feet per day.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Willing to relocate.
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Travel 1-2 weeks but limited per projects
- Must have reliable transportation to work.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to pass DOT physical.
- Employment is dependent on the successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
- Office and outside in all weather conditions.