Birmingham, AL 35210
AtWork Personnel Services - Irondale is seeking candidates for a Tower Technician position with a Telecommunication company located in Birmingham, AL.
- Direct Hire
- $15 plus an hour
Having an understanding of the wireless industry is a plus. 90% of time spent on site climbing towers. Techs must back up the lead tower hand when working top side and back up the tower foreman when on the ground.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Must follow all state and federal safety regulations including OSHA, Tower Owners and local turfing vendor while working in an efficient and productive manner.
- Required to work at heights installing telecom equipment and materials on towers, monopoles including mounts, radios, antennas and microwave dishes.
- Interprets various documents such as blueprints, diagrams and manufacturer specifications to ensure proper installation of antenna systems .
- A willingness to travel when required.
Successful Completion of Training is a Plus.
- Tower climbing and Rescue.
- First Aid, BBP and CPR.
- PPE use and requirements.
- RF Awareness.
- GHS (formally MSDS)
- Special equipment such as aerial lift, forklift, Back hoe and capstan.
- Understanding of Rigging.
- Connector installation a plus.
- Coax, Fiber routing and handling a plus.
- Safety conscious.
- Quick learners.
- Able to take direction.
- Full Benefit Package, 401K program, and opportunities for advancement in a rapidly growing industry with a financially stable company.
- Physically able to climb 1000 vertical feet per day.
- Willing to relocate.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Travel 1-2 weeks but limited per projects.
- Must have reliable transportation to work.
- Must have valid Driver’s License.
- Employment is dependent on completion of a Background Check, DOT physical and drug screen.
- Office & outside in all weather conditions.