Training and Development Manager
Sumter, SC 29151
A Client in Sumter,SC is looking for a Training and Development Manager. Great opportunity to work in a excellent work culture and receive great pay!!! Apply Today!
I. Job Summary
Responsible for development and delivery of training content to all employees. Utilizes multimedia, written and verbal methods to accomplish recurring and emergent training requirements.
II. Minimum Educational and Experience Qualifications
- High school diploma required
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex tasks and concepts in clear, concise terms
- Minimum three years’ experience as a trainer in an industrial or manufacturing setting
- Strong safety background
- HR background
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Certification or formal instruction as a trainer (civilian or military)
- Experience with developing a formal process in an easy to learn format
- Exceptional interpersonal communications skills
- Self-driven and goal- oriented with strong time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
III. Work Environment
- Office, Hospital and Manufacturing Plant environment
- Hours of work: generally between 8am – 5pm Monday – Friday, some off shift, as required
- Minimal standing, seating available as needed
- Lifting: 10 1bs. or less
- Equipment: computer, multimedia, etc.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Financial Responsibilities
VI. Essential Functions
- Schedules and facilitates individual and group training for standard operating procedures, safety topics, and new processes/procedures.
- Routinely audits and updates existing training content to ensure accuracy and currency.
- Develops new training content as needed to support changes in policy and procedure.
- Creates and delivers new employee orientation training
- Provides documentation of training to Human Resources for record keeping.
- Works with production management, maintenance, and R&D to create appropriate training for activities.
- Coordinates with Quality management to ensure all temporary work instructions, engineering change orders, and document changes are passed to employees with proper documentation.
- Maintains listing of powered equipment certification and facilitates training to keep operators current.
- Participates in new process development and quality audits.
- Develops, maintains, and delivers daily, weekly, and monthly safety training
- Attends safety meetings and work with Safety Committee.
- Reinforces daily goals of ZERO accidents and ZERO injuries.
- Update safety manual, policies and safety posters.
- Actively participate in injury/near miss investigations.
- Required Training
On the job and/or classroom training within 6 months of hire date. Thereafter, employee will receive an annual refresher.
Hazardous Waste Training
Employees are trained in safe work practices and hazard recognition regarding their respective duties or job assignments. Both on the job training and classroom training are provided. This training is designed to educate the employees about the specific facility operations for which they will be responsible, health and safety requirements of the facility, and the general aspects of the hazardous waste management program. Training will also include, hazardous waste generator issues throughout the facility, and facility wide emergency procedures.
Apply today by e-mailing your resume to Michael Miller at: email@example.com or apply online at atwork/columbia