This role is responsible for enabling an efficient day-to-day transportation operations through route staffing, dealing with LTL trucking companies, and finding the ideal balance between service and cost. This is a new position because our business demands an in house person to fit our growing customer base. 100% of family health insurance paid.
Essential Function :
- Overseeing and scheduling the day to day activities of transportation
- Frequent communication with Management team regarding status and logistics of deliveries/pick ups to ensure quality service is provided to our customers.
- Ensure all deliveries/pick ups are done efficiently, specific customer requests or concerns are communicated clearly
- Ensure adherence to all security and operational procedure
- A High School Degree is required.
- 1+ years experience in a transportation-related lead or dispatching role.
- Customer processing, route delivery procedures and basic security and operational procedures.
- Familiar with DOT requirements.
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Dispatching a plus