Are you skilled with your hands and have great Upholstery skills? A thriving company is seeking a high skilled, upbeat team member to join their global business with room for growth!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Use staple gun and be able to achieve even, smooth application of fabric on furniture frame.
- Fit, install, and secure material on frames, using hand tools, power tools, glue, cement, or staples.
- Align parts or work pieces to ensure proper assembly.
- Keen eye to recognize a problem or is likely to go wrong and be able to communicate effectively and help in overcoming the issue.
- Work with sewers and engineers to improve upholstery process and furniture quality.
- Ability to Repair furniture frames and refinish exposed wood.
- Ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness of fabrics and wood finish.
- Figure furniture up and apply sewn fabric on foamed up frames to form smooth, rounded surfaces according to quality standards
- Understand quality standards and inspect furniture and fixture subassemblies and finished products for conformance.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma
- 3 years experience as an upholsterer- furniture/automobile/ship/mattress industry.
- Hard working smart, able team member, who want to be a part of a growing business, looking for stability and willing to be trained, perform and grow.
- Attention to details
- Good hand and eye coordination
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Upholstery: 3 years (Required)
- United States (Required)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans’ status.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Upholstery: 1 year (Preferred)