Voice & Data Technicians and Installers
Level I - Approximately 6-18 months of experience
- Pulling and terminating Cat 3, 5e, 6 and 6a communications cabling.
- Installing support structures such as J-hooks, bridle rings, ladder rack, and cable tray.
- Basic blueprint reading
Level II – Approximately 18 months to 4 years of experience
- Capable of performing all of the above-mentioned tasks in addition to identifying and labeling Cat 3, 5e and 6 cables,
- Closet terminations (110 / 66 blocks and Patch Panels).
- At least some exposure to fiber terminations
- Low level and high-level testing and documentation,
- Experience leading 3-10 other technicians on sight, documenting test results, troubleshooting, identifying cable paths and some abilities to perform site surveys.
Level III – Approximately 4 to 10 years of experience.
- Capable of performing all of the tasks mentioned above in addition to performing Lead level responsibilities on crews ranging from 7-30 technicians.
- Lead / Foreman level technicians who work in the field the majority of the time.
- Higher end individuals will be capable of multiple project management, material management, staff management, scheduling, completing Gant charts, etc. Performing all terminations, testing and documentation on both copper and fiber optics are required.
Requirements for all levels:
- Possess all basic hand tools and PPE.
- Be able to successfully pass a backgrounds check and drug screen.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Willing to work days, nights and weekends when needed
- willing to go anywhere in the Denver and surrounding areas for work.