Birmingham, AL 35210
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for planning for, receiving, verifying, and inspecting all shipments that are received at the warehouse location. The Warehouse Supervisor ensures accuracy of the receipt of inventory, a quality inspection of marks and labels, and that the shipment lands in the proper end location. This position maintains the accuracy of the inventory by conducting cycle counts, keying out damages, and transferring inventory correctly. This position acts as an additional Manager on Duty that coordinates with the Warehouse Manager, Product Development, and Order Processor to plan for and direct the work load of all warehouse employees.
- Plans for the arrival of containers by creating a plan for any reorganization that needs to occur to place the shipment according to the proper organizational structure inside of the warehouse
- Follows up with trucking companies on any late arrivals of shipments scheduled.
- Receives any shipment (including customer RMA's, supply shipments, etc) that comes to the warehouse and ensures that it is checked in and directed to the responsible party in a timely manner, including items arriving for inspection
- Checks in and counts quantities of container arrivals, including verifying pieces per carton and case quantities
- Ensures that all outbound pallets are accurate, properly loaded and shipped. Calls for extra freight pickups on an as needed basis
- Tracks weekly replenishment orders for retail stores and trade shows
- Inspects container shipments for proper inner and outer carton marks and labels, and that the UPC barcode on both scans properly
- Communicates and follows up with the proper positions the information gathered in the container receiving process
- Coordinates with the Warehouse Manager to act as a Manager on Duty to direct the work flow of merchandise handlers
- Coaches, trains, and motivates merchandise handlers to meet expectation around producing results and inventory accuracy
- Investigates inventory discrepancies and makes inventory adjustments in NetSuite to maintain a 98% inventory accuracy
- Ensure that processes are followed in accordance with policies, procedures, standard work practices and company standards
- Enforces safe warehouse practices amongst employees, including operating machinery, safe lifting practices, and general warehouse housekeeping
- Informs Warehouse Manager of any opportunities involving employees having the tools, equipment and resources required to perform their jobs
- Monitors warehouse supplies and orders supplies when necessary. Keeps supplies organized.
- Communicate relevant information to employees
- Performs other duties as required or necessary
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience in a wholesale warehouse environment
- Minimum 1 years prior supervisory/management experience in a wholesale warehouse environment
- Excellent communications skills
- Good organizational skills, detail oriented
- Understanding of inventory flow and ability to research inventory issues
- Ability to operate warehouse machinery
- Ability to operate computer equipment
- Prior working experience with Microsoft Office Products (i.e. Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of NetSuite preferred
- Job may require occasional heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
Once hired on benefits include:
- supplemental insurance
- Simple IRA - eligible to enroll after 2 years with the company (3% match)
AtWork Personnel Services - Irondale
Please visit www.atwork.com/irondale to apply!