Clinton Township, MI 48038
Job title: Data Specialist - Tracer
Type: Full Time/Permanent
This position is responsible for data mining, creating and validating OEM vehicle wiring harness and DTC information from various types of engineering source information for the automotive industry. These aspects included but not limited to source data integrity and error reporting to the OEM, maintaining key source data contacts, manage source data changes that effect product output, maintain the communication of the source data and related changes to internal development SMEs, validate end product prior to production release and input to internal Q&A reporting and escalation. The content may come in multiple formats and may involve interfacing with multiple clients, both internal and external. Regardless of deliverable or style, this position must ensure timely and accurate completion of tasks while maintaining compliance to both corporate and customer standards.
- Responsible for gathering, tracking, delivering and validating all relevant source date required to develop the Tracer product.
- Understand and Use OEM engineering source information systems/repositories to coordinate the development of Tracer with the all areas relevant. Creative, Production Development Engineering and Content.
- Coordinate with both onsite and offsite SME’s to ensure all information is included for each targeted production release to ensure 100% complete, accurate and on-time metric.
- Working with OEM engineering and suppliers to provide accurate and up to date DTC & wiring harness information.
- Provide all updated project source data inputs to the responsible SME for all development of final output files/graphics relating to project schedules and Launch Cadence plans.
- Follow current procedures and processes as necessary to ensure deliverable meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Document open issues and follow through on resolution and inclusion.
- Complete assignments to support existing business and new business; including new products and services.
- Provide updated project files/graphics relating to project schedules, and project changes.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships with the engineering organizations.
- Follow-up on all client feedback. Ensure all client revisions are incorporated and distributed to the teams for action.
Other Job Functions:
- Ability to understand Creative, Product Development Engineering, OEM Plant, OEM source gathering and validation processes that are key to the success of the product output.
- Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, or equivalent email package.
- Ability to dialog freely with internal teams about projects to ensure solutions are well planned.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and thorough approach to follow-through on all tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks to ensure efficiencies.
- Ability to multitask and interface with many personalities.
- Enthusiastic and well organized. Successful at maintaining schedules and raising issues as necessary.
- Envision, Plan and Manage time/workload to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Ability to work with domestic and international business cultures.
Supervisor Responsibilities: No
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, operate in and around cars, trucks and vans doing technician like duties including diagnosis and repair. Moderate lifting (less than 40 lbs) will be required. Most will be diagnostic testing routines and desk work development.
Position Type: Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the core work hours of 9:00 am to 3:00 pm and must work 40 hours each week.
Travel: 10% to 15% Domestic and international travel may be required.
Required Education/Experience: BA/BS or equivalent professional experience in electrical diagnostic and wiring content development preferred. Approximately 5 years of direct service & diagnostic/wiring information development required. Industry Standard certifications preferred. In-depth OEM knowledge a plus.
Reports To: Executive Director – Content Development (Until Manager is Selected)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Valid Driver's License
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.